John M. Hoffman Memorial Pet to Vet Program
Please take a moment to read about the founder of the Pet to Vet program. He passed away in early 2019, and we are honored to rename this program to the John M. Hoffman Memorial Pet to Vet Program. Read John’s Legacy
We are so excited to be able to help our Veterans bring a pet into their home! Through a generous donation, Shelter Friends will be able to place five guests of the Josephine County Animal Shelter into homes with our veterans.
Veterans who may not be able to make it to our adoption events, or who may be housebound but able to care for a pet, will receive help in bringing home a new companion!
Adoptable dogs and cats will be available for placement.
Here’s how our Pet to Vet program works:
· Each adoption will be funded by Shelter Friends at the Veteran adoption rate.
· Each adoption will receive $100 to pay the adoption fee, food, bedding, toys, training session, whatever the adopter needs to welcome home a new pet.
· Veterans must submit the adoption application to the Josephine County Animal Shelter.
· Adoption Counselor will talk to the veterans and work with them on finding the best fit for their situation from ALL adoptable animals!
· Five veterans from the application process will be selected for this special adoption event.
· Even if the veteran is not selected to receive the funding, they may still adopt a pet at the reduced Veteran’s adoption fee.
· Must show valid VA Identification
We hope this will lead others to make donations to sponsor a Pet to Vet adoption! Interested in making a donation to help place a pet with a veteran? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our donation page for information.
You can pick up an application at the Josephine County Animal Shelter or download your application here.
All applications must be submitted (in-person or mailed) to the shelter.
1420 Brookside Blvd across from the airport in Merlin. Shelter hours are Monday – Friday, 10:00-4:30 and Saturday, 10:00-4:00.
Questions? Please email email@example.com