We are pleased to announce our 2018 Volunteer of the Year! Teresa Roche!
Below is the presentation made by Tammy Moore at our Year in Review Pawty!
- Every year SF considers all our volunteers that help with a variety of tasks and we have a difficult time selecting a person to receive our Volunteer of the Year Award. Each task is important and each volunteer is valued by all of us and the shelter staff, not to mention the animals!
- This year we chose a volunteer who has been steadfast, reliable and has helped out in countless ways over the past three years.
- She helps at dog adoption events where she transports, walks, spends time with the dogs and potential adopters to ensure good matches.
- She helps out with the cat care team where she ensures the feline guests have clean quarters and also receive some affection and love while she’s there.
- She has fostered small litters of kittens and done an amazing job socializing them, getting them healthy if they started out a bit compromised and getting them ready to be adopted. And this year, after attending our Kitten Lady event, she wants to take on the challenge and reward of fostering bottle babies as well!
- She walks dogs at the shelter and even found a perfect companion to adopt into her own family.
- And behind the scenes, she posts our Pet of the Week that you see posted on the KLDR website and our SF page each Monday morning.
I’m so pleased and proud to announce that it was our unanimous decision to present our 2018 Volunteer of the Year award to Teresa Roche.