Please join us for a fun-filled day of workshops on saving the most at-risk feline populations: neonatal kittens and community cats. Hosted by Shelter Friends and Rogue Valley Humane Society, this event features social media activist, Hannah Shaw, also known as the “Kitten Lady.” In addition to the workshops, a meet and greet will be held after the event for those with specially purchased tickets. We will also have non-profit organizations from around Oregon for you to meet with and learn how you can get involved at your local level. Schedule of events:
• 9:00am – 10:00am – Meet the Rescues and Shelters.
This a one-hour opening session where you’ll be able to check in to the event and sign up to volunteer with organizations that need your support.
• 10:00am – 12:00pm – First workshop with Kitten Lady: Saving Kittens’ Lives!
This is a comprehensive and fun way to learn more about fostering in your community. It will cover:
- Basic care for orphan neonatal kittens
- Feeding, bathroom, and medical care
- How to set up your home for kittens
- Self-care and compassion fatigue
• 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch break
We will provide snacks and refreshments for all attendees. This will also be another opportunity for you to visit with shelters and rescues.
• 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Second workshop with Kitten Lady: Community Cats 101
This segment will cover:
- Background information about community cats, their behavior, and their needs
- Detailed information about why and how TNR saves cats’ and kittens’ lives
- Step-by-step instructions on how to safely and humanely trap cats and kittens
- How to handle various scenarios including moms with babies, friendly cats, feral kittens, and more
- How to provide effective and positive ongoing care to a colony of cats
• 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Mingling of guests
You’ll have one last opportunity to visit with the attending shelters and rescues! During this time, there will be a meet & greet with Hannah in a separate building for those with meet & greet tickets, which can be purchased at checkout.
• 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Private Kitten Lady Meet & Greet!
Make sure you purchase your ticket at checkout. These are limited to the first 50 guests. Everyone with a ticket will be able to meet her and snap a photo!
We will also be having a Kitten Shower to gather much needed supplies for the kittens we care for. If you bring an eligible item from our want list, you will be entered into an event raffle. List and details to come.
We can’t WAIT to see you!
Visit www.kittenlady.org for more information on Hannah Shaw and her work saving lives.