Do you love animals? Do you have bookkeeping experience? Want to be a part of Making a Difference One Animal at a Time? Shelter Friends has an opening on our Board of Directors to fill the role of Treasurer.
The Treasurer is the officer assigned the primary responsibility of overseeing the management and reporting of Shelter Friends finances. In this role, you will be an Officer on the Board of Directors and report monthly on our financial status.
Please tell us about yourself and send all inquiries to email@example.com
The Treasurer is the officer assigned the primary responsibility of overseeing the management and reporting of an organization’s finances.
- Financial transaction oversight – Being knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable
- Budgets – Developing the annual budget as well as comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget
- Financial Policies – Overseeing the development and observation of the organization’s financial policies
- Reports – Keeping the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board
- Pick up mail 2-3 times per week. Direct all incoming mail pertaining to individuals or fund business
- Issue checks for all Payables and document payments and receipts. Maintain checking account and checks- mailing supplies: stamps, envelopes, SF receipts, copies
- Receipt all Receivables: PayPal, mail, cash income- document all
- Send receipts to all donors and issue receipts for all reimbursable expenses- document all
- Prepare monthly bank deposit and reconcile bank statement to checking account/check register
- Prepare numbers for tax prep and filings
- Copy, log, document, file all transactions
- Fluent in the use of Quickbooks or able to seek training to support all financial transactions and reporting.